In Dallas, Texas
Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) is cosmetic surgery that reshapes the upper eyelid and/or lower eyelid by the removal of excess tissue. It can reduce sagging or puffiness, folds, and undereye "bags" that create a tired or stressed appearance.
Carter Eye Center offers the state-of-the-art eyelid surgery to minimize the signs of aging around the eyes. You can choose to enhance the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both for a younger, refreshed look.
How blepharoplasty is done
- Small incisions are made along the natural lines of the eyelids, such as the creases of the upper lids and below the lashes of the lower lids
- The skin is separated from the underlying fatty tissue
- Muscle, excess fat and excess skin are removed
- The incisions are closed
- The procedure typically takes one to three hours
- Initial swelling and bruising take one to two weeks to resolve
- Several months are needed for the final result to stabilize
The Carter Eye Center of Dallas may recommend blepharoplasty for you if your vision is impeded by skin hanging down around your eyes.
More than any other facial feature, the eyes have a tremendous impact on your appearance, and are often the first feature to show signs of aging.
With blepharoplasty surgery, our doctors can repair the necessary muscles, remove the excess skin and underlying fat, or a combination of both.
More than 50,000 men and women every year take on a more youthful and vibrant facial appearance following eyelid surgery.
The Carter Eye Center's professional staff is ready to show you what Carter Custom Care is all about. Schedule your personal consultation and learn more about the benefits of blepharoplasty in Dallas.