In Dallas, Texas
A complete eye consultation is the only way glaucoma can be detected.
Patients with higher risk are:
- Older men and women
- African-American patients
- Patients with a family history of glaucoma
- Patients with certain medical conditions such as diabetes or eye injury
- Chronic, or open angle glaucoma, a common form resulting from blocked drainage of aqueous fluid
- Acute, or angle closure glaucoma, a form characterized by a quick onset with immediate rise in pressure
- Secondary glaucoma arises from disease (such as cataracts or diabetes) or injury to the eyes drainage system
- Normal tension glaucoma, a form of open angle, characterized by sensitivity to normal pressure levels as opposed to elevated pressure
Depending on the individual, type and severity of glaucoma, you may experience a variety of warning signs, or no warning signs at all. Indications of this disease may include:
- Visual field loss
- Increased eye pressure
- Blurred vision
- Eye pain
Be proactive by having your eyes checked at Carter Eye Center before a problem arises. Schedule now.
During your annual exam, or if you are having visual problems, Dr. Carter will perform certain tests to check for signs of glaucoma. During the ophthalmoscope test, Dr. Carter will use pupil dilation to evaluate the optic nerve closely.
Dr. Carter will recommend your best treatment option, or a combination of treatments. Treatment options include:
- Drug therapy
- Laser surgery
- Glaucoma surgeries including filtering and drainage implants
- Eye drops
Laser surgery is currently the most popular option as it has a high rate of success while avoiding the complications associated with traditional surgeries.
As the field of vision care is continuously evolving, successful treatment options for glaucoma will expand and offer patients more opportunities for successful management.
Dr. Carter is uniquely experienced in the area of glaucoma diagnosis and treatment. Carter Eye Center has helped thousands of Dallas residents fight glaucoma successfully with medically advanced treatment options. In addition to the carefully honed expertise you'll receive, Dr. Carter will give you the time and attention you deserve and treat you with respect and compassion. Schedule today.
Trust the Dallas vision leader with broad expertise, modern technology, and experienced staff. Call or email Carter Eye Center today for your annual glaucoma test and comprehensive eye exam.