Serving clients in Fort Worth and Dallas, Texas
LASEK is a blade-free vision correction procedure offered by Dr. Harvey Carter in Dallas, Texas. LASEK essentially combines the principles of PRK and LASIK for a vision correction alternative with many draws.
LASEK stands for Laser Assisted Sub-Epithelial Keratomileusis. It's a surface ablation technique, similar to PRK, but designed for:
- Quicker healing,
- Faster visual recovery, and
- Reduced discomfort.
Instead of removing the epithelium or corneal surface, as is done with PRK, the LASEK procedure applies an alcohol solution to the epithelium to loosen the cells and access the treatment area. The cool-light laser is then applied to reshape the cornea in order to correct your vision.
Advantages of LASEK
- A more conservative flap creation which allows Dr. Carter to work with more corneal cells, in a larger treatment area
- The corneal haze typically experienced by many PRK patients is reduced or eliminated
- Corneal flap complications are minimal
- Decreased risk of infection
- Less postoperative discomfort
The results are unbelievable! Carter Eye Center patients in Dallas are quickly discovering why LASEK is becoming so popular. And because of his high skill level, unique expertise and advanced LASEK technology, Dr. Carter is able to customize your LASEK procedure and produce your personal best vision.
We don't just treat your eyes - we treat the whole person, one eye at a time. Call or email us today for your personalized LASEK consultation in Dallas.