In Dallas, Texas
Glaucoma is an eye condition known as the "silent thief of vision". It consists of increased pressure in the eye that can destroy the sensitive nerve fibers responsible for vision.
- There are no noticeable symptoms such as redness or pain.
- Glaucoma affects approximately 2% of the population over the age of 35.
- Glaucoma can cause permanent and serious vision loss, leaving you with tunnel vision.
Who is most at risk?
- People with a family history of glaucoma
- People with systemic diseases such as diabetes, anemia or hardening of the arteries
- African Americans and Hispanics
Because glaucoma is such an elusive disease, early detection and treatment is imperative. Dr. Carter offers one of the most comprehensive glaucoma diagnosis and treatment programs in North Texas.
During your examination, your eye pressure and the condition of the optic nerve will be measured. If signs of glaucoma exist, more tests will be conducted, and Dr. Carter will create a glaucoma treatment plan to maintain the best possible vision.
If you live in Dallas and suffer from Glaucoma or if you have not had an annual eye exam, please call or email us to schedule an appointment.
Contact us today for Carter Custom Care LASIK in Dallas. You deserve our time, attention and great vision results.