August means lots of things to lots of people. End of summer, back to school. But if you live in North Texas, you know what August really means; it’s-too-soon-to-get-excited-about-fall-y’all-because-it’s-still-really-HOT.
August is also National Eye Exam Month, and here at Carter Eye Center, we think that makes it the perfect time to talk about our favorite topic: vision! We know there are a lot of serious things going on in the world today with people concerned about everything from the COVID-19 health pandemic to the economy to the Presidential election this fall to what the school year is going to look like for students.
But here are five great reasons you should care about National Eye Exam Month:
- Detection. Where many eye conditions and diseases are concerned, early detection can save your sight. An annual comprehensive eye exam at Carter Eye Center is so much more than determining your vision prescription. It can alert us to conditions like glaucoma, macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy. In those cases, we can implement early intervention techniques to protect your vision for a lifetime.
- Prevention. As the old saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. For example, if you know you have diabetes, you should commit to regular eye exams, so that any signs of retinopathy can be identified and addressed early. It might just save your sight!
- Life in the digital age. No doubt about it, people young and old are more “plugged in” than ever before. Add to that the recent surge in online learning and remote work, screen time issues are reaching epic new levels. Do you know what else is on the rise? Dry Eye. While your dry eye symptoms could be related to allergies or environment, most experts agree that doing near work on smartphones and computers—such as emailing, texting, viewing, working or gaming—can be blamed for much of the increase in dry eye symptoms in recent years. At Carter Eye Center, we specialize in diagnosing and treating the root cause of your Dry Eye.
- Freedom (from glasses and contacts). Technology is amazing, and thanks to many great advancements in the field of laser vision correction, you have the opportunity to enjoy improved vision without the hassles of glasses and contacts. Dr. Carter is a trusted LASIK surgeon with decades of experience. Not sure if you’re a candidate? Take our LASIK self-test to find out!
- Seeing is Believing! For us, it’s so much more than a catchy slogan. We want every patient we are honored to serve to experience Seeing is Believing for themselves. From your first pair of contacts or laser vision correction to middle-age reading vision help to restore sight after cataract surgery, Carter Eye Center is your trusted eye care provider for a lifetime.
And how about a bonus reason? All August long, we’re offering BOGO pricing on LASIK! That means, Buy One Eye, Get the Second Eye FREE! You read that right. No more sweat in your contact or your glasses slipping down your nose as you walk the dog. It’s just our way of doing our part to make August more bearable for all of Dallas-Fort Worth.