It’s August. And if you live in North Texas, you know we’re all just trying to get through these dog days of summer. The back-to-school ads are cute and all, but it’s hard to get excited about fall fashion when the 10-day forecast is nothing but sunny skies and highs in the upper 90s.
August is also National Eye Exam Month. And at Carter Eye Center, we believe that makes it the perfect time to shine a spotlight on our favorite topic of conversation: Eyes!
Six Reasons You Should Care About National Eye Exam Month
National Eye Exam Month may not be as exciting as, let’s say, National Ice Cream Month or National Cookie Day. But your vision is something we take seriously at Carter Eye Center, so let’s talk about all the reasons you should have a comprehensive eye exam annually.
- Detection. With many eye conditions and diseases, early detection can save your sight. An annual comprehensive eye exam at Carter Eye Center is so much more than seeing if you need glasses or contacts. It can alert us to conditions like glaucoma, macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy. In those cases, we can implement early intervention techniques to protect your vision for a lifetime.
- Prevention. Many eye diseases and conditions (like the ones above) don’t have outward symptoms in their early stages. An annual eye exam will screen for these conditions, and if detected, vision-saving treatment can be started.
- Performance. Good vision improves performance at school and work. It’s tough to focus if you’re having vision problems, which may contribute to reading and concentration issues.
- Digital eye strain. Americans, young and old, are more “plugged in” than ever before. Add to that, online learning and remote work, and screen time issues are reaching epic levels. Do you know what else is on the rise? Dry Eye. While dry eye symptoms can be related to allergies or environment, experts agree that doing near work on smartphones and computers—such as emailing, texting, viewing, working or gaming—can be blamed for much of the increase in dry eye symptoms in recent years. At Carter Eye Center, we specialize in diagnosing and treating the root cause of chronic Dry Eye.
- Freedom (from glasses and contacts). Thanks to many great advancements in the field of laser vision correction, you have the opportunity to enjoy improved vision without the hassles and restrictions of glasses and contacts. Dr. Carter is a trusted LASIK surgeon with decades of experience. Not sure if you’re a candidate? Take our LASIK self-test to find out! Then check out our current LASIK specials.
- Seeing is Believing! For us, this is more than a catchy slogan. We want you to experience Seeing is Believing for yourself. From your first pair of contacts or laser vision correction to middle-age reading vision help to restoring sight after cataract surgery, Carter Eye Center can be your trusted eye care provider for a lifetime.