Custom LASIK at Carter Eye Center has a wide appeal - the technology we use allows patients with greater refractive errors to enjoy vision correction. However, there are restrictions, and some patients may not get ideal results with LASIK. Use the following guidelines to estimate if you might make a good LASIK candidate.
Good candidates for LASIK at Carter Eye Center are patients who:
- The desire to have clear, natural vision
- Wish to discontinue use of glasses or contacts
- Need perfect or near-perfect vision for careers, driving, or contact sports
- Don't suffer from an autoimmune disease
- Are over 21 years of age
- Don't have chronic eye diseases or conditions, such as amblyopia (lazy eye), keratoconus, or glaucoma
- Don't take drugs or undergo therapy that suppresses your immune system
- Don't have unstable or uncontrolled diabetes
- Aren't pregnant or nursing
- Don't wish to become pregnant within the next 6 months
- Have had a stable prescription for at least a year
- Don't have severe dry eyes
- Don't have a history of excessive scarring
- Are willing to follow through with post-operative appointments
- Clearly understand the risks of LASIK
- Have realistic expectations
Only after a thorough eye consultation will Dr. Carter be able to approve you for our custom LASIK procedure. Schedule your FREE Dallas LASIK consultation with the name Dallas residents have trusted for years.
Contact us today for Carter Custom Care LASIK in Dallas. You deserve our time, attention and great vision results.